Aquacement 2K 251 25kg + 10kg€99.00
- Indoor and outdoor
- Horizontal and vertical applications
- Groundwork waterproofing, retaining walls and basement waterproofing subject to slight vibrance and movements
- Water tanks, swimming pools (under the coating)
- Waterproofing of terrace roofs and balconies (under the coating)
- Elevator excavations
- Cisterns, irrigation channels, manholes, concrete pipes
- Wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens
- Facilities such as thermal springs, Turkish baths
- Waterproofing of concrete flower receptacle.
Preparation of the Surface:
- Attention must be given that the application surface is cured.
- The application surface must be clear of materials which prevent bonding, such as dust, oil, paint, silicone, curing agents, detergents and mold release oils.
- Weak parts of the concrete must be repaired, plasters that are not well adhered must be removed, the surface must be flat and sound, static cracks on the building must be repaired with a plaster containing BETA Latex or REPAIRFIX Fibre Reinforced Repair Mortar. Dynamic (moving) cracks must be repaired with Polyurethane Sealant.
- The surface must be saturated with water and must be kept moist during the application.
Preparation of the Mortar:
- Put Component B (10 kg) in a clean pot. Add Component A (25 kg) into the liquid slowly and mix preferably with a drill with low speed until there are no lumps. Do not add water. Leave the mixture to mature for 3 - 5 minutes, mix again for 30 seconds before usage.
- The mixture in the pot must be used in 30 minutes. In case this duration is exceeded, the mortar should not be used.
- AQUACEMENT 2K 251 Double Component Super Elastic Isolation Material is applied on the surface at least in 2 layers that are perpendicular to each other. There must be a waiting period between two applications, minimum 5 - 6 hours – maximum 24 hours, at +20°C. Second layer must be applied before the first layer is completely dry. In case the first layer is dry, the surface must be moisturized again before the application of the second layer. The surface must be protected from sunlight and prevented from drying quickly, for 3 days after the application of the second layer.
- After the application of the first layer, the corners must be beveled before the application of the second layer.
- It is recommended to use a mesh between the layers.
- It gains mechanical strength in 3 days, becomes waterproof in 7 days. It gains its final strength in 14 days.
- It has to be protected against any impact until it is over-coated.
1 kg/m2 is applied on each layer, in 1 mm thickness. It is recommended that 2 layers are applied (2 kg/m2). On areas where stronger protection is required, the consumption may increase up to 3 - 4 kg/m2.
- Avoid application in temperatures below +5°C and above +35°C.
- Avoid application on frozen areas, on areas under risk of freezing in 24 hours or on areas open to direct sunlight or wind.
- Do not add water to the mixture.
- Always add powder component into the liquid component.
- During the application, wet film thickness should not exceed 2 mm per layer.
Component A: 25 kg craft bags
Component B: 10 kg plastic drums
- Can cover cracks up to 1.50 mm when applied minimum 3 mm thickness at +23˚C, up to 1.75 mm when a mesh is used between the layers (EN 14891). Its crack bonding property is above 0.75 mm even at -5˚C
- Resistant to negative (2 bars) and positive (5 bars) water pressure.
- Easy to apply on horizontal and vertical surfaces with a brush, roller, trowel or spraying machine.
- Not affected by sudden temperature changes when cured. Resistant to freeze-thaw cycle.
- Provides seamless and jointless waterproofing
- Provides highly performing waterproofing
- Elastic, does not shrink or crack
- Water vapor permeable, allows the concrete to breathe
- Non-poisonous, perfect for water tanks
- Forms a perfect waterproofing layer under ceramic and screed, due to its flexibility and high bonding property
- Protects concrete surfaces from carbonization and chloride.